Our campaign is not taking donations at this time.
Donate to NWHARVEST COVID-19 Relief Fund
Liz Hallock (Green Party)
Small business owner, no corporate donations.
“Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us.”
–Franklin D. Roosevelt
“We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can quietly become a power no government can suppress, a power that can transform the world.”
— Howard Zinn
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
— Maya Angelou
A New Deal for Washington
- I envision a society where families are not constantly stressed by trying to find affordable healthcare and childcare.
- I envision a society where mental healthcare is a priority.
- I envision a society where little children do not fear abuse or hunger. Where they can grow up happy and healthy, regardless of the neighborhood from which they came. Where they are encouraged to be creative, and given the math, science, and arts education they need to succeed.
- I envision a society that encourages entrepreneurship and allows small business to flourish. One that ensures large corporations do not control our elections and democracy. One that ensures the voices of all people are heard.
- I envision a society that teaches our children to honor and respect the planet and get outdoors.
Is this so much to ask?
We can do better in Washington State.
We have only one future, and that's a future together.
Second and Fourth Amendment rights
As a mother of young children and a resident of a city with one of the highest shooting rates in WA state, I am concerned about the grave problem of gun violence. The data is clear that America’s sheer number of guns is the primary reason we have so much more gun violence then in other countries. I believe in universal background checks. But I also believe in the right of responsible adults to own guns. I will also be wary of any gun law that infringes on our right to protection from warrantless government search and seizure.
As Yakima Valley residents, we know what poor air quality feels like and how harmful it is to children. Drastic reductions in greenhouse gas emissions is relatively easy given technological advances. Oil and coal companies know this, and have been funding anti-environmentalist propaganda with their own dark, and not so dark, money campaigns.
Climate change is inevitable and our best course of action is to mitigate its impact and prepare for a changing landscape, shoring up our water and food supply, and preparing for the inevitable climate refugee crisis as the American Southwest may become uninhabitable. Parts of our own state may also become difficult to inhabit; the threat of climate change is very real.
Liz is a former Girl Scout and outdoorswoman; when it comes to basic survival in the face of climate change, we need to be prepared. She is also an attorney; the more we prepare now, the more we can avoid “emergency” scenarios and ensure civil liberties are properly protected.
Washington will be the state that will come out ahead in climate change if we start preparing now.
In The News
We appreciate your questions, concerns and feedback.
This is a movement built by you. We aren’t always able to respond to each note individually, but we’re here, we’re listening, and we want to know what you think.